Website J.S. McCarthy
POSITION: Marketing & Business Development Manager
SUPERVISOR: VP of Sales
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SHIFT: Day Shift (M-F, 8:00 – 5:00)
J.S. McCarthy Printers is proud to be 100% employee-owned! As one of New England’s premiere printing and packaging companies, we’ve been in business for over 60 years and we are still growing. Our talented employee-owners drive our success, and are rewarded with the benefit of employee ownership. We operate out of a state-of-the-art facility in Augusta, Maine and our award winning work reaches clients and end users around the country and beyond.
As a provider of environmentally friendly, recyclable folding carton packaging, we aim to tread lightly on the planet. We proudly print with 100% wind power and to have robust environmental initiatives. Our goals of top-notch customer service, technological innovation and superior quality of product are paramount.
The Marketing & Business Development Manager is responsible for working with the Sales Manager, VP of Sales, and Account Executives to tell our story and maximize our visibility in the B2B marketplace. This person has a passion for storytelling, a drive to succeed and a positive, can-do attitude.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
· Manage a professional online presence through the company’s social media accounts, including content creation.
· Manage the company’s website to keep it current and with accurate and timely content. Manage the relationship with the website support team and analyze relevant website metrics.
· Create clear and consistent messaging across our online platforms and external communications. Ensure JSM’s mission, values and culture shine through in our social media channels and website.
· Design and plan marketing collateral for clients. Develop campaigns and promotions that tie in with the sales process.
· Contributes to the development of a sales and marketing strategy based on analysis of print markets and insight gained through working with the sale steam.
· Complete sales and marketing reports and other projects as assigned.
· Prepare and present communications to our internal clients (employees).
· Work closely with and support the Account Executives in their sales efforts, including preparing and sending samples kits.
· Understand our industry, our company and the prospecting & sales cycle.
· Manage the lead generation function, including maintaining and expanding a database of relevant sales prospects.
· Assist with qualifying leads, including researching accounts, identifying key players, and vetting prospects for sales team.
· Prepare and/or present slide presentations to clients or prospects.
· Develop scripts for calls, emails and other outreach by the sales team.
· Utilize and optimize Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software to leverage sales opportunities and ensure all team members are utilizing to its fullest. Maintain relationship with 3rd party vendor for software, opening cases and resolving issues.
· Follow JSM safety policies and procedures, including those related to Safe Quality Foods (SQF) certification.
· Additional responsibilities as required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Understanding of B2B social media channels
· Experience contributing to a business social media account
· Ability to work independently and stay organized
· Team player who is goal-oriented, positive and self-motivated
· Desire to work in a dynamic, fun, and fast-paced environment
· Superior listening skills and ability to engage prospects by phone
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in addition to strong organizational skills
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
· Experience working in a database of MIS system
· Experience hosting virtual meetings via Zoom or Microsoft Teams
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Graphic design experience is a plus
Competitive with full benefits, based on experience
Two years of related experience is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org