Website VELUX Greenwood, LLC
VELUX Greenwood, LLC
The primary purpose of this position is to produce machined parts by setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine, in the manufacturing process of skylight component parts according to production standards and plans.
- Reviews work orders, blueprints, and materials and runs machine in accordance with specification and production requirements.
- Programs by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Set-up by installing and adjusting jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ensures production, quality and safety standards are met.
- Performs cleaning and maintaining of 5’s practices.
- Performs other assignments as directed by local supervision.
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred.
- Functional and technical skills are required.
- Good math and computer skills are required.
- Controls and instrumentation experience are required.
- Tooling experience is required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with being an assistant or machine operator required (CNC machine operator preferred).
- Ability to perform the essential functions assigned to the position.
- Understanding of metric measurement systems is required.
- 3-5 years experience in a production environment is preferred.
- Ability to read and utilize blueprints.
- Heavy lifting may be required for this position.
- Must be able to work overtime and on weekends as needed.
- The desire and ability to work in a team environment demonstrated through a positive quality, safety, attendance and good work history.
- Compliance with all rules of conduct, safety regulations and policies provided in Employee Handbooks, on Company bulletin boards/announcements, terms/conditions of employment or other means of communication is a requirement of the job.
To apply for this job email your resume to email@example.com