Website VELUX Greenwood, LLC
VELUX Greenwood, LLC
This position will provide support to the shipping and receiving department by coordinating shipments to and from customers and/or vendors. This position will be the primary contact for addressing inquiries from production, finance and customer satisfaction. This position will also be responsible for processing shipments through SAP and other databases of the Company in the most cost effective and efficient manner, performing physical inventories, and bar coding. This position must provide superior customer service and is responsible for ensuring that customers receive VELUX products according to delivery requirements.
Hours: Monday – Friday ( 7:00am – 3:30pm)
- Primary contact for addressing inquiries from Production, Finance and Customer Satisfaction departments.
- Responsible for reviewing and submitting freight invoices for payment.
- Coordinating and scheduling carrier shipments (LTL, TL and Parcel deliveries)
- Processing shipments in SAP.
- Freight quoting for various shipment types (LTL, TLs, volume, flatbeds, etc.).
- Filing freight claims with carriers.
- Responding to Same Day shipping requests from IC and CSR’s.
- Assist in conducting physical inventory and bar coding.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
- General warehousing functions including operating a forklift and shipping/receiving.
- Producing and reporting of carrier KPI’s.
- Processing customer pickups.
- Must have High School Diploma. Associates Degree is preferred.
- One to three years of experience in shipping and receiving and/or logistics is required.
- Freight management experience including rate knowledge and negotiation is preferred.
- Certified Forklift license is preferred.
- Applied computer skills in Microsoft Office is required. A working knowledge of SAP would be beneficial.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time. Attention to detail and accuracy is critical.
- Must possess good communication skills and present a positive and professional appearance.
- Must possess an overall good work record and desire to work in a team environment.
- Must be capable of lifting/reaching/stooping/climbing with weights in excess of 50 lbs.
Compliance with all rules of conduct, safety regulations and policies provided in Employee Handbooks, on Company bulletin boards/announcements, terms/conditions of employment or other means of communication is a requirement of the position.
To apply for this job email your resume to email@example.com