Website Region 10 Technical High School
Job Title: Instructor, HVAC
Terms: Region 10 Teachers Association Contract
Salary: Commensurable with Experience and Education
Reports to: Superintendent/Director
Evaluation: Evaluated annually by the Superintendent/Director of Region 10 Technical High School
- Experience working in the HVAC field or other relevant trade experience with a working knowledge of relevant industry standards
- Holds or eligible for appropriate Maine Teachers Certification/Credentials
- Working knowledge of relevant Maine Standards and Proficiency Requirements
- Criminal History Records Check (CHRC)
To provide a curriculum-based instructional program for skill development in safety, orientation to HVAC systems and related theory, and instruction in all aspects of HVAC technology and related skills and practices. Units of study will include basic, trade-related plumbing, electrical systems and controls, and fuel-related theory and control. Program students will gain HVAC skills and knowledge including basic electricity, introduction to heating and cooling, air distribution systems, soldering and brazing, orientation to alternating current, heat pumps, sheet metal duct systems, air quality equipment and more. HVAC skills taught may also include troubleshooting cooling, heat pumps, gas heating, oil heating, and accessories. The instructor will also teach and reinforce trade-related math.
- Develop, implement and/or refine a program curriculum and scope-and-sequence based on appropriate, relevant standards and goals, including unit, instructional, and assessment plans. This will necessitate cooperation between the Instructor and a Program Advisory Committee of industry leaders.
- Develop lesson plans and deliver instructional activities that facilitate learning in accordance with the program curriculum.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities/lessons.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in education activities
- Differentiate program content, processes, assessments, and products to meet the needs of individual learners.
- Use technology proficiently to enhance student learning and fulfill requirements of the job.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and related equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support instruction, and to develop and maintain appropriate documentation of student records.
- Stay up to date on new techniques and industry standards, and implement necessary changes to curriculum, instruction, and assessment plans.
- Maintain shop equipment in accordance with appropriate procedures, OSHA compliance and other applicable professional industry standards.
- Educate students to maintain and follow all compliance standards for safety and health requirements.
- Provide students with feedback that improves learning.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, colleagues and administration.
- Actively participate in professional learning with colleagues and administration to improve daily instruction.
- Assist in the development of the annual program budget, and assure compliance with budget guidelines by establishing priorities and maintaining accurate records.
- Coordinate orientation and learning opportunities for Foundations of Technology students with other Region 10 program instructors, and monitor those students in each.
- Perform other assigned duties as needed.
LEGAL and ETHICAL DUTIES:
- Maintains confidentiality in compliance with Families Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Follows established health and safety procedures
- Arrives punctually, notifying appropriate personnel about absences and coverage
- Demonstrates loyalty, dependability, integrity and other ethical standards
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reads with comprehension; writes effectively; and calculates accurately
- Communicates effectively both orally and in written form
- Concentrates on completion of job details when there are distractions
- Work under pressure to successfully meet deadlines
- Follows and understands policies, procedure and related job information
The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principal functions and responsibilities of the job identified, and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, either at present or in the future.
Region 10 Technical High School does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, or physical or mental disability in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs and activities.
To apply for this job email your resume to email@example.com