MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN, NIGHTS
Wiscasset, ME, US
$1,000 sign-on bonus and up to $30/hr starting pay!
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
We are urgently seeking a Nightshift Maintenance Technician to support our medical device manufacturing site in Wiscasset, Maine. The Maintenance Technician is an integral member of a high-performing team dedicated to developing and sustaining our facility where creativity, teamwork and shared learning are highly valued.
What we offer
- $1,000 sign-on bonus ($250 paid after one week; $750 paid after 90 days)
- Starting pay up to $30/hr, depending on qualifications and experience
- Excellent benefits package including health, dental, short and long-term disability and life insurance; medical and dependent care reimbursement accounts; education assistance; wellness incentives; discretionary annual bonus
- Paid breaks
- Weekly paychecks
- 12 paid holidays per year
- 3 weeks paid time off per year
- 4.8% employer contribution to your 401k, even if you don’t contribute!
- Plus 100% employer 401k match on first 3% of employee contribution and 50% employer match on the next 2%
- Perform preventative maintenance on process equipment and facility utilizing preventative maintenance system.
- Perform reactive troubleshooting and maintenance on process equipment and facility. Flexibility of working hours required to do maintenance during production downtime.
- Work with machine designers to help fabricate custom machines and fixtures.
- Work with outside vendors/service providers for work that cannot be performed internally.
- Provide support to R&D Department to help setup/alter equipment to evaluate/validate new products/procedures.
- Provide support to manufacturing and equipment engineering to improve OEE/uptime/safety.
- Works in collaboration with other Maintenance Technicians to set-up, troubleshoot and improve existing production equipment.
- Helps maintain the tools and spare parts inventories. Develop spare parts requirements through familiarization of equipment use and research with vendors to determine on-hand spare parts levels.
- Supports efforts to implement best practices within job scope; expected to participate in activities designed to improve production, quality, and safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Appropriately prioritizes assigned maintenance activities planned and unplanned.
- Ensure preventative maintenance schedules assigned are met.
- 5:30pm – 5:30am, 3 to 4 nights per week
- Rotating shifts every 4 weeks: Mon/Tue /Wed/ and Thu/Fri/Sat and some Sundays
- Workdays and hours may vary depending upon operational needs.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- Will periodically be “on-call” during off hours to support production if needed. This will be on a rotation shared with other maintenance personnel.
- Employees hired after November 1, 2021 must be fully vaccinated within 45 days of employment. During the first 45 days, if not already fully vaccinated, employees must test weekly at their own expense.
- 2-year trade school or equivalent with study in electro-mechanical equipment preferred.
- Hold a valid Boiler Operator license or the ability to obtain one in the first year of employment (4th Class SSE preferred).
- Hands-on, flexible attitude, and good communication skills.
- Understanding and practical experience with instrumentation.
- Knowledge of, or interest in learning to work within, GMP and ISO 9000/ISO 13485 quality assurance systems preferred.
- Previous maintenance/mechanical-electrical experience preferred.
- Basic welding and machining (lathe, mill, saw, etc.) skills required, more advanced knowledge preferred.
- MS Office
- Plumbing and HVAC knowledge
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge
- Basic wiring, AC/DC circuits
- Understand NEC, NFPA, LOTO, Arc-Flash
- Understand and repair process machines and equipment
- Basic familiarity with chemical process equipment and chemical processes is preferred
- Basic familiarity of PLCs and VFDs is preferred
- Professional licenses e.g. boiler operator/engineer, electronics technician, electrical, and/or plumbing are preferred
- Ability to wear a respirator
Mölnlycke is a world-leading medical solutions company. We specialize in:
Wound management: including dressings with Safetac® such as Mepitel® and Mepilex®
Preventing pressure ulcers: with Mepilex® Border used prophylactically and devices to help turn and re-position patients
Surgical solutions: including Mölnlycke trays, HiBi® antiseptics and Biogel® surgical gloves
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Maintenance Technician, Nights (www.molnlycke.com)
To apply for this job email your resume to email@example.com