MANUFACTURING SUPERVISOR, NIGHT SHIFT
Wiscasset, ME, US
We are seeking a Nightshift Manufacturing Supervisor to support the safe and efficient manufacturing of quality foam at our factory in Wiscasset, Maine.
With this Night shift you will share with another Manufacturing Supervisor and have a shift pattern to include 3 days on, and 4 days off, alternating between Mon/ Tues/ Weds and Thurs/ Fri/Sat every month. Then there will be “Switch Weeks”, meaning either 6 of 7 days on or 7 full days off once per Supervisor every 2 month cycle.
The Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership, coordination, and guidance to manufacturing personnel in a manner that ensures the Company consistently meets or exceeds safety standards, product quality guidelines, customer service expectations, as well as productivity and financial objectives.
What we offer
- Competitive salary plus annual performance-based incentives
- Continuous skills development including corporate leadership training and mentoring
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, short and long-term disability and life insurance; medical and dependent care reimbursement accounts; education assistance; wellness incentives; and more
- 12 paid holidays per year
- 3 weeks paid time off per year
- 4.8% employer contribution to your 401k, even if you don’t contribute
- Plus 100% employer 401k match on first 3% of employee contribution and 50% employer match on the next 2%
- Opportunities to learn and grow within and beyond your role
- Lead and coordinate multi-shift production departments and personnel.
- Provide direct supervision to, and promote two-way communication with all production employees.
- Work closely with all departments to maintain focus on KPI reporting/monitoring. Understand the importance/impact of good sound maintenance practices on factory performance.
- Develop, recommend and implement improvements in workplace safety, productivity, quality, and cost.
- Manage day-to-day activities and ensure coordination between all shifts. Conduct daily and shift DOM’s
- Collaborate with other supervisors and managers to hire qualified manufacturing personnel.
- Maintain time and attendance records.
- Maintain quality production records.
- Provide boiler coverage as necessary.
- Perform all manufacturing accounting duties in ERP system.
- Analyze and resolve work-related problems, assist workers in resolution of work problems.
- Develop, implement and document employee performance evaluations, corrective actions and coaching.
- Effectively communicate with quality assurance personnel.
- Make necessary adjustments to production plans.
- Effectively communicate daily objectives to direct reports; confer with other supervisors and managers to coordinate activities of supporting departments.
- Troubleshoot production equipment
- Modify work instructions and/or procedures as necessary in accordance with ISO guidelines via the quality document system.
- Provide and/or coordinate on-the-job training to direct reports.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing activities in support of the production plan.
- Provide inventory control support.
- Assist the manufacturing manager with the development and preparation of short-term and long-term budgets, staffing, requirements, operating plans, and capital plans necessary to support the company’s business plan.
- Lead the effort to implement best practices within job scope; participate in activities designed to improve production, quality, and safety.
- Lead production team toward enhanced development and meet organizational goals
- Select appropriate techniques and methods to implement production goals within controls and established guidelines.
- Consider safety, quality, cost, and production of utmost priority; meet goals for each without subordinating other key functions.
- Ability to effectively utilize MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Outlook, and Sage 100
- Fluent in Molnlycke Production System (MPS)
- Demonstrated experience developing, maintaining and participating in a team-based environment
- Ability to make well-reasoned decisions, both independently and as part of a team
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to meet job performance measures with minimal direct supervision and guidance
- Effective personal evaluation and organizational skills
Capabilities and Experience
- Ability to wear a respirator required
- Boiler license required
- Familiarity and experience applying Lean principles
- 2 year Associates or higher education preferred with a Major in sciences or trades a plus
- 5 or more years of manufacturing experience in a leadership position within a process-focused environment preferred
- Manufacturing engineering experience preferred
- Foam line or similar process line experience a plus
- Employee’s hired after November 1, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated within 30 days of their employment as a requirement of employment. During the first 30 days, if not already fully vaccinated, employees will be required to test weekly at their own expense
Mölnlycke is a world-leading medical solutions company. We specialize in:
Wound management: including dressings with Safetac® such as Mepitel® and Mepilex®
Preventing pressure ulcers: with Mepilex® Border used prophylactically and devices to help turn and re-position patients
Surgical solutions: including Mölnlycke trays, HiBi® antiseptics and Biogel® surgical gloves
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Manufacturing Supervisor, Night shift (www.molnlycke.com)
To apply for this job email your resume to email@example.com