Website J.S. McCarthy
POSITION: Night Foil Stamp & Die Cutter Operator
SUPERVISOR: AV Manager
FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
SHIFT: Night (M-Th, 3:00pm-1:00am)
PAY: $18/hr and up
This person runs a 40” Foil Stamper/Die Cutter. This person sets up the machine to run, following guidelines set in the job ticket, loads onto and unloads printed material from the machines, performs scheduled maintenance, follows safety guidelines and oversees any helpers assigned during the run. Die Cutter/Foil Stamp Operators will also perform other duties as assigned. The machines include, but are not limited to: Heidelberg Windmill, Heidelberg 32” Cylinder, 22” Kluge, and Bobst AV and Folding Carton Equipment. Applicants should have at least 2 years’ experience on some or all of these machines. Experience with other bindery and finishing equipment is a plus. Ensure compliance and best practices with respect to plant safety.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and understand work order completely. Visually inspect all work order materials and specifications and report all problems to supervisor.
- Check paper and die against order.
- Machine setup and make ready
- Adjust machines during run
- Handle printed material
- Moving skids
- Pack boxes
- Communicate effectively with all appropriate personnel.
- Check floor and equipment continuously for hazards.
- Maintain quantity counts.
- Efficiently setting up and performing all score/perforate, die cut, emboss, foil stamp and/or combinations of these operations.
- Clean and maintain die cutting area and machines.
- Separate scrap.
- Retrieve and put away dies
- Maintain quantity counts.
- Monitor condition of dies and provide feedback when dies need to be sharpened.
- Conduct quality checks during each job. Each job must be double checked, by a supervisor, before the run. Once the job is running the operator must work independently and maintain consistent quality through the run.
- Maintain good attendance.
- Be an active member of the company’s HACCP team, which includes attending meetings, suggesting best practices and assisting the practitioner as needed. Oversee activities in the department and the company to ensure coworkers are adhering to SQF principles. Additional responsibilities may be delegated by the practitioner.
- Maintain good attendance
Additional responsibilities as required.
Two years of experience operating foil stamp and die cutting machines or similar machine operating experience is preferred.
High school diploma.
Must be at least 18 years old. Must be able to read and understand written and verbal instructions in English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (in a usual workday)
Stand Total hours/day 9.5 Hours at one time 5.5
Walk Total hours/day 2.0 Hours at one time 0.25
Lifting Total hours/day 1.0 Hours at one time 0.25
J.S. McCarthy is one of New England’s oldest and largest sheetfed printing operations, producing an array of folding carton packaging and commercial print products. For over 60 years, J.S. McCarthy Printers has enjoyed continuous growth and competitive success in a fast paced and ever-changing printing industry. We do everything under one full-service brand with all of our production operations taking place in our state-of-the-art production facility in Augusta, Maine.
We are proud to be 100% employee-owned. Our talented employee-owners produce award winning work and J.S. McCarthy has received hundreds of awards from regional and national trade groups. Not only are we known for our quality, but also for our environmental stewardship. We are proud to print with 100% wind power and to have robust environmental initiatives. Our goals of top-notch customer service, technological innovation and superior quality of product are paramount, and are supported by our talented and dedicated employee-owners.
J.S. McCarthy is 100% employee-owned!
J.S. McCarthy is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your resume to email@example.com