Supply Chain Manager ARS
American Rheinmetall provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or marital status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
What’s your passion?
At American Rheinmetall Systems, we’re driven by technology, and we’re using it to alter the landscape of today’s modern battlespace in order to provide our soldiers with the equipment they need to come home safely. We are committed to supporting critical advancements in the United States defense industry with our next-generation electronic vehicle systems solutions that empower and protect the members of our U.S. armed forces.
If you share our passion, we welcome you to join our tight-knit team as we continue to make a difference. We are proud of our work, we are devoted to our customers, and we are dedicated to our employees.
If you’re satisfied, so are we.
We are seeking a Supply Chain Manager in our Biddeford, Maine facility to work closely with Engineering R&D, Quality, and Operations to ensure that American Rheinmetall Systems (ARS) has a high-quality supply chain that can meet the needs of existing and new product lines adhering to rigorous Department of Defense standards.
If you have 10 years’ experience with engineering and supply chain management in a highly-regulated industry and 5 years’ experience as the supplier representative or with responsibility for supplier qualification and management in a manufacturing, along with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering or a related discipline, we invite you to click the Apply button to learn more and share your qualifications with us.
EOE (including Veterans/Disability)
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Rheinmetall’s U.S. organizations include American Rheinmetall Systems, American Rheinmetall Vehicles, American Rheinmetall Munitions and American Rheinmetall Defense. The operating companies have established engineering and production capabilities that allow them to modify existing products and develop new solutions that meet the priority requirements of their US customers. These products consist of, but are not limited to, game-changing solutions for next-generation vehicles, innovations for increased soldier lethality, and advanced high-tech munitions.
DIVISION American Rheinmetall Systems, LLC
Supplier Qualification and Certification
- Identify and evaluate suppliers to assess their capacity to deliver parts and materials on time and according to specifications
- Evaluate and document supplier QA system to ensure that it meets specifications
- Ensure collection of all documentation required for supplier certification
- Oversee completion of Purchased Part Approval Process (PPAP), First Article Inspection (FAI) for qualified components or materials
Supplier Performance and Management:
- Develop and monitor measures of supplier performance
- Identify and follow up to address supplier issues in a timely manner ensuring timely delivery of quality components or materials
- Maintain strong supplier relationships for effective problem resolution, and early identification of issues that may impact ability to meet delivery dates
- Coordinate the resolution and reporting of quality issues with the Quality Manager
Procurement and Forecasting:
- Partner with the Production Planner/Buyer to purchase components and materials in accordance with development/prototype and production needs
- Schedule milestones for components or materials for new business and identify lead time and long lead time risks
- Communicate with suppliers to ensure clarity of expectations regarding production timing, changes to forecasts, and also to identify supplier issues in meeting contract commitments
- Develop risk management and contingency plans to ensure that ARS has components and materials for timely production
- Work closely with engineering to develop Bill of Materials and interpret technical requirements to issue vendor RFQs and evaluate proposals for technical and commercial merit.
- Communicate regulatory flow downs to vendors and follow up to confirm vendor compliance as needed
- Other Duties as assigned by supervisor
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (as demonstrated through experience, training and/or testing)
- Knowledge of and ability to use ERP system for purchasing and supply chain management
- Solid understanding of manufacturing/industrial systems/processes
- Working knowledge of Solidworks or other CAD software
- Familiarity with PDM platforms such as Teamcenter and proper configuration control protocols
- Strong project management organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a small, high-performing team that takes its responsibility for providing high quality parts to the US military seriously
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with the ARS team, suppliers, the customer, and corporate parent staff
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to see, speak, hear and write in order to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology
5 years’ experience in manufacturing with responsibility for supplier qualification and management or as the supplier representative working with customers
10 years’ experience with engineering and supply chain management in a highly-regulated industry
Must undergo and meet company standards for background check, employment verification, reference checks and controlled substance testing
- Experience with Navision
- Experience in small to midsize company or small unit within a large company
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- With or without reasonable accommodations, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Ability to maintain composure in dealing with executives, customers and staff, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
- Exposure or requirement to handle sensitive information
- Ability to communicate via telephone and videoconference as well as face to face
- Performing majority of work in an office environment with occasional exposure to production facility hazards requiring PPE such as safety toe shoes, safety glasses, etc.
- Must be able to move about the facility to access materials and equipment
- Occasional international and domestic travel required (25%)
- Rarely attends conferences, exhibitions, demonstrations and trade shows
- Ability to occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds
Generous sick and vacation time, medical, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, company-paid STD and LTD, 401(k), life insurance, and annual bonus potential.
E-VERIFY This employer participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify and Your Rights to Work please visit: https://www.e-verify.gov
PAY TRANSPARENCY American Rheinmetall abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5 listed here:https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
THIS POSITION IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org