Did You Know? As of 2021 MAME Has Connected With Over 13,700 Students And Educators & Awarded Hundreds Of Scholarships!
The Manufacturers Association of Maine is committed to connecting passion with educational pursuits. The end result? Paving the way to a bright future in high-tech manufacturing.
Maine’s manufacturing industry has evolved into a high-tech, high-skilled, high-paying workplace.
The Manufacturing Career Connection program is designed to help all Maine students explore their passions, uncover educational opportunities, and connect to Maine industries, which are growing and cultivating their own generation of workers.
MAME offers a scholarship program and free student membership to students.
Maine Manufacturing Career and Training Foundation Scholarship
Application Deadline: April 30 of each year
The Maine Manufacturers Career and Training Foundation Education Fund (administered at the Manufacturers Association of Maine) scholarship applications are accepted November 1 through April 30 of each year.
- The applicant must have a sincere desire to further their education in precision machining technology, manufacturing technology, welding or engineering.
- The recipient of any scholarship award must have applied to enter a precision machining technology, manufacturing technology, welding or engineering program at a Maine college/university in the fall and must be accepted as a student at that college or university, and also must be a Maine resident.
Applicant Must Include Each of the Following With Application
- Completed Scholarship application.
- Copy of high school diploma or equivalent – or expected graduation date and school name.
- Copy of high school and/or post-secondary transcripts.
- At least one letter (two preferred) of recommendation from a source outside your family.
- Essay: In your own words, describe your goals, aspirations, and accomplishments. Why and how did you decide on this career? Why do you think you should receive this scholarship? (Use separate sheet, maximum one page).
Send Completed Applications to:
The Manufacturers Association of Maine
33 McAlister Farm Road STE 102
Portland, ME 04103